Prepare, organize, succeed, and earn extra cash! Selling your gently used items at consignment shops does not always result in becoming a millionaire. However, if you do it smartly you can leave with an extra $5-50. (And depending on what you are selling, maybe even more!)
Here are my 6 tips for a successful consigning trip:
- Call consignment shops ahead of time. Ask what they are looking for/what type of style they have, that way you can gather up your items that match well with what they are looking for.
- Look for local. Keep your items in the local circle by helping out local businesses. Whether that means you will be donating or selling your items, either way you are helping someone.
- Organize your items. Make piles of things you have never worn/worn once, heavily worn, and that are falling apart. From there choose what you would like to donate, and what you could potentially get some cash for.
- Take time to clean your things. It can go a long way! You could transform a used pair of shoes to a new pair of used shoes.
- Do not just stop at one spot! One man’s trash is another man’s treasure they say… so never settle. Visit different shops because they all have different vibes and are looking for all different types of things!
- While going through your closet try to ask yourself if you have used or worn that item in the past 6 months. (Or past year, if you live where the seasons are always changing.) If you have not worn it, GET. RID. OF. IT. Seriously, and it will feel so good.
Hopefully some of these tips can help you have a successful consignment shop trip! A great way to get rid of things sitting in your closets in exchange for some money just in time for the holidays. What are some tips you would add?